Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Welcome
Welcome to TnCBeardies

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Upsetting False Information
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:03 pm 

I was at Pet Supplies Plus purchasing more crix for Bear and the young man selling crix asked me how much I feed my bearded dragon since they see me there often. I explained that I feed him as many crix as he cares to eat in 10 minutes twice daily. He said that I'm giving Bear too many crix. Bear is about 6 months old. He said that he feeds his beardie sometimes 30 at a time and then doesn't feed for a few days after that and that feeding daily will make their intestines burst. Bear is a good eater and a very good pooper. He is also very happy with greens and some squash and the occasional pea. I certainly don't think that I'm doing the little guy any harm and can't imagine not feeding this little guy for 2 days. He'd probably eat my hand by then! Their beardies look very thin to me and not very happy. It makes me wonder...

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Upsetting False Information
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am 
Site Admin

That's the problem with the big stores, they give wrong information, then we get people on here panicking that there is something wrong with their bearded dragons. Sad. I've told customers when I see them at those places about this site and about the conflicting info.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Upsetting False Information
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:06 pm 

I just can't imagine not feeding one of these little ones for days, especially the babies. Bear ate this morning and was starving for fresh greens when I came home lunch time. He's a very hungry little man.

Report this post

Board index » Health